Friday, December 13, 2013

Event #2 - J. Paul Getty Museum

Event #2 - J. Paul Getty Museum

Here I am outside of The Getty!  Again, none of the staff would allow me to take a picture with them, however, they were nice enough to let me take a couple of pictures inside one of the exhibits.




Abelardo Morell: The Universe Next Door (Camera Obscura Works)






The above two works, The Lightbulb 1991 and  Opening Page: A Farewell to Arms were two of my favorite pictures from the exhibit. They both grabbed my attention in different ways, but they made you think. However, The lightbulb took something so complex as a camera and made it incredibly simple. The other took a simple page in a book and overlaid it making it complex. 


At The Window: The Photographer's View
(Photos About and Taken Through All Kinds of Windows)
I did not get any pictures in this exhibit, but greatly enjoyed this one also. It was unique because it was filled with many artists works. Some consisted of strangers in a living room, others of apartments in the city. My favorite was Colorado Springs, CO 1968-70 by Robert Adams, American, born 1967. It was a  simple silhouette in the window of a small  home. But instead of looking from inside the house out, they were on the outside looking in, and I just really enjoyed it. I also like Buffalo, New York ~1970 by Charles Swedlund, American, born 1936. I liked this one because it was a window in the middle of someones body, in black and white. It was almost signifying looking into someones soul and getting past the outer cover of a person.

I would highly recommend these exhibits, but I am also a photography lover. I would also highly recommend The Getty in general, because of the incredibly galleries as well as exhibits that they host. 

~Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment