Friday, December 13, 2013

Event #3 - Joyce Cutler-Shaw

Event #3 - Joyce Cutler-Shaw
CNSI Art Science Gallery














I was a bit embarrassed to ask someone to take a picture of me at the exhibit opening... but I was able to sneak a picture of the esteemed, featured artist, Ms. Joyce Cutler-Shaw.

I really enjoyed the exhibit opening because it truly gave us a look inside the brain of Ms. Cutler-Shaw. Through MRI scans and overlaid pictures to create collages of her journey through life so far sparked by memories. I really enjoyed the pictures and gained further understanding of each of them through the side not cards. I also really enjoyed listening to her speak about her exhibit and the passion she showed for it. 

If anyone is still on campus and the exhibit is still on campus, I would highly recommend going to see it. It makes you think and perhaps remember your journey so far and picture your memories. 

~Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment