Friday, December 13, 2013

Extra Credit Event #1 - Western Museum of Mining & Industry

Extra Credit Event #1 - Western Museum of Mining & Industry
 
 
 
Finally!  A staff member who was more than willing and happy to take a picture!  The WMMI is one of my favorite museums in my hometown of Colorado Springs, Colorado. I chose this visit because I think it's fascinating to view older technology in an artistic light. Imagine how futuristic this technology was during the 19th and 20th centuries!
 
 
 
The museum features pieces that are still functioning to this day.
 
 
I love walking through the mine shaft area and seeing the old tools and methods of transport.
 
 
This is a popular attraction in the Pikes Peak Region.  Not only can you view these amazing feats of antique technology, but also pan for gold, explore their extensive library, and watch live demonstrations of the equipment.
 

I also love that they have two burros on site named Nugget and Ore.  But unfortunately, they were not available the date of my visit because of inclement weather.  I would highly recommend this museum if anyone is ever in Colorado Springs.
 
~ Claire
 

No comments:

Post a Comment